Monday, March 30, 2015

Here Comes Peter Cottontail....



It's been a little strange decorating for Holidays recently. All of the children are grown. I'm sure in their own way, they still appreciate that the house is festive, when they visit. However, my decorating has dwindled quite a lot. Everything is much more subdued and neutral. I love it!! It's very calming and soothing. So this year, the Easter decorations got a neutral overhaul also.


The framed Happy Easter burlap was from 2 years ago, and I did opt to use it again. My goal was to not purchase anything new this year and use what I had on hand.




Silhouette bunnies were a new favorite of mine this year. Simply stated, they add the bunny effect, without being over the top or in your face. This one is just printed on white card stock and mounted on a piece of black card stock. Simple. Effective. Inexpensive. And very, very quick.




Painting old pastel and bright colored eggs to a more neutral off white was the craft project for my easter decorations. That's what I started when it turned into painting my small wooden, thrift store, Farm Fresh Basket. The yellow eggs in the background? I think they need to go. I'm not feeling the love.




Very small pops of color, but mostly neutral. Even the stack of books got a neutral makeover with craft paper.




Another bunny silhouette in a frame. No matting needed for this one. Then a very simple candle in a jar with moss. See, nothing over the top. I really feel a need to keep everything simple this year.




Bunnies do have a way of screaming "Easter".  It's nice to have them around, in small doses. And these are so inexpensive to make that there is no guilt when it comes times to dispense with them. Sorry buddy.




Jute twine and cotton yarn wrapped eggs are very neutral, and again, easy and inexpensive. You can really wrap any eggs and cover them right up. Bright green, blue, pink? Wrap them up. Give them new life and reuse them instead of tossing them in the trash. It's a great way to reduce, reuse, and recycle.




Brown eggs in the old stand by holders. I have used these holders for so many seasons. It might be time to give them a vacation and bring them back out in a few years. I love them. Truly. I really love them, which is why they are always out. Time for a change. What do you think?




These were the eggs that I started painting when the Farm Fresh Basket jumped into the mix of things. It worked out well. Speckled eggs were just calling me. Super easy to make and very pretty. Yes. Using some old blue, green, pink, and purple eggs that I didn't want anymore. They got 2 coats of paint and speckles were added using a flicking process with a toothbrush and my fingers. They turned out very pretty.




A treasure that I found at a little antique shop some time ago. It really is an egg scale. It's just the cutest little thing. I love it. Very unique. Not many people have an egg scale sitting in their house.




Okay, I needed something that actually said, "Happy Easter". The small little board that has been painted with chalkboard paint and now it's been used for over a year. Small enough not to be intrusive.



Of course, the Farm Fresh Basket make over was lots of fun. It's the same color as the other set of eggs that I painted. It was really fun. Must look for more baskets at thrift stores. There's so much you can do with them.




The mantel got a little sprucing. Not much. This is my hardest area to decorate. It really is an oddly shaped mantel. Very long, and very narrow. Every season I keep trying to work with it. Ahhhhh. You see that? The last bunny silhouette. All three of them are different, but tied together with the color theme. Black and white.




This adorable little guy is the only thing that I splurged on and paid money for this year. A sweet little bunny that will hopefully be with me for many years. And, at $5, full price, I couldn't quite pass him up. He had a pink ribbon around his neck at the store. I like the jute twine better, an easy makeover.




Well, there you have it. The extent of my Easter decorations for the year. Nothing crazy. Festive and soothing. Hope you enjoyed the tour and if it gives you any ideas for something you may want to change up in your decorating.....Great!!! Have fun. Get even more creative, and try to use what you already have on hand.

Glad you stopped by for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment