Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cats Don't Watch Hockey




Cats watching hockey? Well........it's not a common occurrence, at least not in our house. However, there is the rare siting of the wild, ferocious, saber toothed, feline reclining in the wild jungle (a.k.a. the family room), watching an invigorating game of ice hockey. What?!! Really?!! Okay. It's more like our cat thinks she's human and decides that she wants to sit on the couch and stare at the movement on the television.

I was actually looking at the first pictures of "The Lamp" and the cat pictures were the last pics just prior to the lamp, needless to say after about 10 minutes of giggling at what a goof ball my kitty is, I just thought I would share her antics.

My son, GG, and I were watching our beloved Detroit Red Wings one night. And in saunters one of our cats, Dahlia, and proceeds to get really comfortable on the couch. We didn't pay much attention to her at this point, because she does this whenever anyone sits on the couch. This time she didn't try to do her impression of a cat sweater by climbing on said sitter and covering as much of their upper body as possible. No, this time she positioned herself at the end of the couch on a pillow, propped herself up like her human counterparts and proceeded to watch the game with us. Of course, at that point we both stop watching the game and began watching her.

Really? What cat sits like this?

It's obvious, by the way her eyes started to droop after she was comfortable, that she's been watching my husband's behavior on the couch.

"My eyelids are a little heavy."

Again, like my husband, the next step is to pretend not to be tired. Wide awake, just watching the game.
"Who, me? I wasn't sleeping."
 She's a funny little cat. Cute as a button, and a bit of a terror monster, but she's fun to have around. We do love our little furry family members. I read someplace that children in families that have pets, are happier. No, I don't remember where it was that I read that information, and I don't even know if it's true, but they do tend to make us smile.

"What? You've never seen a cat watch T.V.?"

Just look at her. I kid you not, this is not staged. I don't think we could have gotten her to sit like this if we tried. And why would anyone want to do that?

"Hockey's great. Oooh! Oooh! Nice pass. Even better hit."
 I knew it, she spends way too much time on the couch with my husband, she has the pattern completely memorized and has duplicated it well. See the closed eyes? Yes, she's giving in to sleep at this point.

She obviously didn't have enough cat naps today.

Then the slouching starts.

Are you kidding me?!! How can she sleep like that?
Needless to say, my son and I laughed and giggled while we watched her fall asleep. I finally couldn't take it and scratched her head. She just looked at me as if to say, "Hello. I'm sleeping here." Crazy feline #1. Thought I would share the antics of one of my silly, furry girls with you.

Enjoy your day. Cherish your furry family members, they're great to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment