Friday, November 13, 2015

Clever Christmas Tree Extras Storage

It seems that every year talk of Christmas, television ads, sales, and decorations come earlier. So this post should be no surprise to you. Christmas organization!!





But to be honest, I do start thinking of the Holiday Season early in an effort to be organized and have more time to enjoy the festivities with friends and family. Shopping early is something I do every year. Although it is spread out over a few months. It's just more enjoyable to me that way. With that in mind, I am here to put a little bug in your ear that it's really closer than it seems.




This adorable little box is where I store all of the extra odds and ends which seem to collect near the Christmas Tree. Electric cord adaptors, extra bulbs, gift card sleeves, tiny gift bags, ornament hooks, pine smelling stick what-cha-ma-callits, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.




Having these items near the tree is handy, but can be very messy when not contained. Where does one store these types of items and know exactly where to look? Under the tree or right next to the tree. As I have a tendency to wrap my gifts in brown kraft paper, this storage box fits right in.




There was a sturdy, Christmas themed box, with a lid in a storage bin, which I never took out because I just didn't like the big Santa face staring at me. So I wrapped it in brown kraft paper to resemble a gift, wrapping the top and bottom separately in order to open and close the box for storage.




The ribbon was from a previous year's wrapping "fetish", and there was plenty leftover, but it stands out, very pretty, and is not confused with any of the real gifts. It's a great way to add a little something pretty to the tree and is very functional. If you have read any of my other posts when speaking of functionality, you will know this is an ongoing friendly battle between my hubby and myself: functional and ugly vs. functional and pretty. Functional and pretty wins every time, in my book anyways.





Any kind of box with a lid will work fine. Another nice feature of this particular storage option is that at the end of the season, when all of the Christmas decor is packed away, you can just store the entire box, and it's ready to go next year. If you are one that changes your style from year to year, you can always change the wrapping on the box to match your particular theme for the present year. Super easy, inexpensive, fun, pretty, and?......say it with me........functional!!




My little box of Christmas stuff extras, wrapped like this, has been in use now for about 3 or 4 years. It holds up very well. If a bulb goes out on the Christmas tree lights, or there is an ornament on the floor with no hook, I know right where to look. Also, if I purchase a new ornament, it can go on the tree immediately without having to search the large storage boxes in the basement for more hooks.




So, there you have it! Welcome to the pre-planning process for the upcoming Holiday Season. Wouldn't it be nice to accomplish some tasks early and have more time to relax and enjoy the season with loved ones? Of course.




It still may seem early, but this gives you time to think about it and wrap your box whenever you get a chance, instead of trying to make time when life starts to get busy with all of the festivities of the Holidays. 

I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy craft, and please come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment