Thursday, May 29, 2014

Grilled Asparagus

 Great Grilled Asparagus


It's that time of year. There is an abundance of fresh asparagus to be had. If you like asparagus, this probably makes you very happy. It makes me happy too.


Well, Tuesday I mentioned that we've been busy, busy, busy. There have been a few trips up north already, and that is a good thing. Last weekend we the pleasure of enjoying some warm weather while we were north. What does this have to do with asparagus? Well, the asparagus stands are open, and full of freshly picked asparagus. While driving around after church on Sunday, we happened across a stand. Well, Hubby drove right by it, but the brakes are good on the car, and he was able to abruptly stop and turn around. Possibly due to the sounds of, "Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey. Wait. Wait. Wait. Can we stop?" He's sweet. I got my asparagus. My intent was to get enough for Sunday dinner. But 5 and half pounds later, I knew what we were serving on Monday at the BBQ. Grilled asparagus.

Okay, so I've never grilled asparagus in my life, but how easy is it to learn something new. In this case, it was a breeze. And delicious. And fun!!!

This is not my pictures, as I mentioned Tuesday, no foodie pics were taken. Although I didn't use a recipe from the Food Network, this is a picture of grilled asparagus from the Food Network, so you can see the yumminess of it all. Mmmmmmmm. I think the recipes are probably all pretty similar for just grilling.

 Great Grilled Asparagus


Grilled Asparagus


  1. Fresh Asparagus washed and the ends snapped
  2. Olive Oil
  3. Garlic Salt (or whatever herbs and seasoning you want, or none at all)



  • Once your asparagus is washed and most of the water patted off, in a large dish, drizzle olive oil all over, careful not to drizzle too heavily. Use tongs (or your hands), and move the asparagus around to evenly coat with olive oil.
  • Sprinkle garlic salt over the asparagus and move the asparagus around to evenly coat.
  • Grill heated to medium (if it's a gas grill) or just continue using your charcoal grill
  • If you have a grill mat, or a vegetable basket, wonderful. Otherwise use foil 
  • Grill aspragus for about 5 minutes, or until tender, flip or turn to make sure they are cooked on all sides.


RECAP:

Asparagus
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt
Grill for 5 minutes
Eat
Delicious

Not much was left of the 5 and half pounds.  Just enough to compliment my lunch the next day.

Thanks for the visit. Now go out and enjoy the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment