Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Feta Dip



Morning all. I know it's been a while, but we've been busy, busy, busy. Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day!! Mine? It was wonderful, but not so relaxing to begin with.  Hubby and I had lots of family and friends over for a BBQ/Cook out. And the difference between the 2 is what?………….Well, that was not a retorhical question, I was waiting for an answer. Oh well. That's what the Internet is for, information.


Ok, so lots of people over, food, fun, sunshine, laughter, enjoyment. Every one brought something to contribute, it makes for a get together that not so stressful on the host and hostess. It's a family tradition around here.  I tried a few new and extremely easy dishes and I will share them with you this week. Of course I made my old stand-by, Cheesy Potatoes, or Wedding Potatoes, that was the name that my sister-in-law's Mother told me years ago.

Not many pictures, because I didn't take any foodie pics and now everything is gone. So any pictures are not mine. I've made notes in blue text. Everything else is directly from Sarah at her blog Clover Lane. Show her the love because this recipe is awesome.


FETA DIP (from the Clover Lane blog)



Here’s what you need:

olive oil (I used Extra Virgin because it was already in the house)

1 block (1 lb) of feta cheese  (I don’t like the pre-crumbled kind because I think it is dry) (I also used a block of Feta because it was already in the house, I cannot attest to the dryness of pre-crumbled)

tomatoes (any kind)…I use about 3 Roma’s (Yes also on the roma tomatoes, because they have less juice, but I used 4)

1 bunch of green onions

1 baguette (I cut up 2 baguettes)

Greek Seasoning (I used Italian Seasoning and Garlic POWDER*)

1 large platter

1.    Wet the platter generously with olive oil.
2.     Dice the green onions and tomatoes.
3.     Throw them on the olive oil
4.     Crumble the feta cheese and throw that on the platter. 
5.     Sprinkle the Greek Seasoning (or Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder) on top.  (I use about 3 tsp.) (If you can't find it, you can sub with oregano and a little pepper and some salt to taste.
6.     Mix it gently all together…

7.     Slice the baguette.  A special word about the bread…it MAKES the dip.  I have found that the best bread is FRESH, bakery kind….the kind that comes in the long skinny paper bag.   You want it bite-sized and you want to cut it thin…


I gotta tell ya.this turned out wonderfully!!!! Lots of compliments. Darn delicious! Darn easy! Couldn't ask for a better combination. I was able to cut, dice, and crumble a little in advance, and toss it all together soon before everyone arrived. This recipe goes into my file as one that will be used again. One other note, as Hubby is not a huge Feta fan, he suggested more tomatoes. I think that would work fine too if you know your crowd is not big on feta. I honestly look for the pieces of feta to eat when I'm using it. More feta please. 

*I used Garlic Powder as opposed to Garlic Salt. Feta is already salty, and Garlic Salt will make it far too salty.

Thanks for stopping by. Now go out and enjoy the sun.






No comments:

Post a Comment